Friday, May 27, 2005

Las Aguas - Hamilton

I'm in Hamilton for the Canadian Economics Association conference, and my colleague has this suggestion for supper, Las Aguas at 1375 King Street East. Turns out to be a cosy little portuguese restaurant. Expensive by Hamilton standards. Starter, main course, and a glass of wine set my expense account back by about $40. But well worth the treat, and cosy enough for a special occasion.

Note that 1375 King Street East is on the two-way stretch of King Street East which branches off from Main Street East after where the one-way King Street East "crosses" Main, i.e. where the one-way Main becomes two-way. If this sounds confusing, this is because it is. Furthermore, the turn-off from Main to the two-way section of King Street East is not obvious, even though there is a small sign indicating where it is. My colleague originally gave me the impression that it was on the one-way stretch, which meant I got lost for a while. Anyway, if this is still unclear, check Mapquest before setting out.

No comments: