Friday, July 22, 2005

Why I rent instead of own a car

Five reasons why I rent a car on the weekends instead of buying one:

1) Save on parking: Weekday daytime parking is expensive in downtown Ottawa where I live and work.

2) Free exercise: Downtown Ottawa is nice and compact. I walk to work.

3) Enjoy free parking: Weekend parking in downtown Ottawa is free.

4) Save on insurance: For some inexplicable reason, although I have over 10 years of driving experience from my home country, not a single second of that is counted when it comes to auto insurance. This means that my insurance costs will be really high if I were to own a car.

5) Test drive the latest cars: I get to drive really nice cars each week. Admittedly, this involved finding the right place to rent from. :) This week I got a brand new 2006 VW Jetta with the 6-speed Tiptronic. Cool!

No comments: