Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Nice lakes along the Minnewanka Loop

I'm very glad I did not leave out the Minnewanka Loop. There are some really nice lakes on this stretch.

Minnewanka Lake is the only lake in the Banff National Park where motor boats are allowed, and does look like a really nice place to take your boat out for the evening to watch the stars from. But I don't have a boat. Some sheep were crossing the street just as I was leaving the car park.


Two Jack Lake is very pretty, extremely idyllic and calm, and looks like a great spot to picnic or for a little paddle. But keep a watch out for the wildlife! Elk all around while I was there.



The nearby Jackson Lake is a little further off at the end of a cul-de-sac and seems rather popular among hikers. I've heard that the trail around the lake is good for wildlife sightings, although we did not have time to explore much.

No comments: